Splits

Friday 12 August 2016

The Heartbreak Kid



#573  Elaine May: The Heartbreak Kid (1972)

After a line of movies that I happened to love or found entertaining, here is one that I didn't particularly fancy - it did entertain with a number of scenes, like the one pictured when the main character, newly married, tries to win over the father of a young girl he met on his honeymoon. The premise itself is painful to say the least, and throughout the movie I mostly felt unsympathetic and annoyed. Which I guess doesn't say about the film as much as it does about my preferences...nevertheless, this is something I don't believe I will watch twice.
On a lighter note, Cybill is uebercute, and Grodin still remains one of those faces you remember fondly from your childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment