Splits

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Alphaville: Une étrange aventure de Lemmy Caution


#457 Jean-Luc Godard: Alphaville: A Strange Adventure of Lemmy Caution (1965)

This is my 3rd movie by Godard; not sure why I didn't expect much from it, maybe because the previous one ('Contempt') was a bit too abstract for me - not that I don't love abstract movies (after all Alphaville can be describe the same) but I think it can easily slide into absurdity. From by humble point of view of course :)
As it happens I have started this blog with three truly symbolic movies, the ones I have to read up on to realise the subtleties that I've missed, and will require a second viewing for sure. In all I have enjoyed the Godard's take on the future similar to that of 1984, and am now looking forward to discovering more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment